Welcome to the official website of the Madison Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament, the nation's largest and longest-running public Tecmo tourney. This site contains information about both past and future tournaments, including results, recaps, competitor records, and pictures. It additionally details the tournament's creation and evolution. Finally, it offers a "Tecmo-nials" tab, wherein past competitors describe their experiences at the annual event.
Following last year’s NFL Films-chronicled tournament, one that featured 176 players from 27 different states, what can you expect at “TecmoIX: Marino Royale”? More of the same—that’s what! More game-changing JJ’s, more soul-crushing fumbles, more Tecmo-thirsty women, and more career-defining games between the country’s best players. Here are just a few of this year’s storylines:
- Following a year in which he triumphed in Madison and completed the three-peat in Ohio, can Chet H. do what no one else has done—win consecutive Madison tournaments;
- Will last year’s runner-up, Regulator, again don attire predicting an undefeated tournament and Madison championship, and if so, will the Tecmo Gods permit such hubris to go unpunished;
- After a Round of 32 exit last year, will his brief return to online play fuel BestinWorld to a record fifth Final 4;
- Given last year’s Round of 32 disappointment, does Jimmy B., the tournament’s all-time most decorated player, finally unveil his oft spoken of, but seldom invoked, complex aerial attack;
- Coming off a Final 4 in Ohio V, and having appeared in two of the last three Madison Final 4’s, will Mort continue his impressive play;
- Mired in mediocrity since consecutive Final 4’s in Tecmo V and VI, will Josh H. bounce back in Tecmo IX to claim a second championship, or did his best Tecmo disappear with his bachelorhood;
- Having reached the Final 4 in both Tecmo VIII and Ohio V, is Ones11fahzu ready to make the leap to Tecmo Champion;
- Is this the year that Sconnie, Daboy, Rikster, or Skunkerofbestinworld—extremely talented players—finally claims a first championship;
- Will several years of tournament disappointment spur any of the Vogts to a championship in 2013, or is Ohio Tecmo officially in decline;
- Will the tournament’s favorite Monday Morning Quarterback, Bruddog, finally make an appearance, or will he continue to voice his opinions from the California sunshine;
- Having now risen from the Philadelphia ashes, will Joeygats board a Madison-bound Greyhound bus without his online play-picking program;
- Will Tecmo’s Godfather and QB_Browns continue their broadcasting partnership, or will tournament viewing be restricted only to those in attendance;
- Have all the great Tecmo players now been unearthed, or is there another that can infiltrate the epicenter of the Tecmo universe and emerge victorious?